What to Expect:
- Increased travel time for all modes of transit, including GRTC buses, during race events.
- Detour routing during the entire transit day, not just during street closures and race events.
- GRTC expects there to be some form of impact on the transit system from September 5 – 30, 2015.
- Detour routing and alternate bus stops will be available online at the Trip Planner tool on September 5, 2015. This tool will also be available on the GRTC Transit On The Go! mobile app beginning September 19, 2015 when the Worlds begin. The Trip Planner tool uses Google Transit technology to connect customers to their destinations and help them plan their trips.
- GRTC staff and signage will assist riders daily!
- When in doubt, go to the Downtown Transfer Plaza behind Richmond City Hall.
- Generally speaking, buses approaching Downtown from the west will detour onto Harrison and then to Leigh. Buses approaching from the north will utilize Leigh. Buses approaching from the east will utilize the MLK Bridge. Buses approaching from the south will utilize the Manchester Bridge.
- Express Buses:
- All express buses will depart from Park-and-Rides at their usual times, but will go to Marshall Street between 9th and 10th Streets.
- For express buses, there will be a temporary bus stop at 10th & Canal.
- For Southside express buses, there will be a morning temporary bus stop at 9th & Byrd. In the afternoon, there will be a temporary bus stop at 10th & Canal.
- For Northside and Westside express buses, there will be both AM and PM temporary bus stops at 10th & Marshall and also at 10th & Canal.
- Regardless of where an express bus goes, if it is not operating on the highway, a customer may pull the cord to request a stop at the next active local bus stop.
- Biggest potential transit delay days are anticipated to be September 25th, 26th and 27th. There may be some noticeable transit delays on September 23rd, as many bus routes must cross the bike race route that day.