On Saturday, July 9th ten volunteers came out along with three city Department of Public Work employees and spent two hours clearing some of Randolph’s alleys of bulk items (furniture and yard waste). A majority of the work was focused in the middle of the neighborhood along Blair, Claiborne, and between Allen & Meadow.
If you still have bulk items for pickup you need to do one of the follow actions:
- Call 3-1-1 and report the bulk item.
- Download the free app SeeClick Fix onto your smartphone or tablet and report.
- Use the city’s portal RVAOne to report the bulk item.
All three of the above options will put your bulk item into a queue for pickup. The average wait time is 4-6 weeks.
Want something faster? Talk to a family member, friend, or neighbor with a pickup truck or trailer. The city has two locations you can drop items off for FREE.
Richmond Southside Transfer Station
3520 North Hopkins Rd.
Hours: Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Telephone: (804) 232-8488
- Yard waste
- large items
- tires with no rims, limit of four. No off-road or oversized tires taken.
- Glass bottles
- aluminum cans
East Richmond Road Landfill & Convenience Center
3800 E. Richmond Road
Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; closed weekends
Telephone: (804) 646-4706
- Yard waste/brush (natural wood only; no plywood, treated wood, etc.)
- Tires with no rims, limit of four (no off-road or oversized tires)
- Small appliances
- No household waste/trash
- No commercial or contractor items or debris
- No large/bulk items (e.g. furniture)
- No dirt, rocks or concrete